Anxiety UK is the nation’s leading anxiety disorders charity. We are a user-led organisation, run by current and previous sufferers of anxiety disorders, supported by a high profile advisory panel. We work regularly with external agencies and healthcare professionals to improve services for those living with anxiety disorders. We also campaign to raise awareness and work to reduce the stigma felt by those living with anxiety.
We can provide support, information and advice if you’ve been diagnosed with, or suspect you may have an anxiety condition. We can also help you deal with anxiety associated with a cancer diagnosis, whether you are the patient, family member or friend, and phobias such as fear of spiders, blushing, vomiting, being alone, public speaking, heights – in fact, any fear that’s stopped you from getting on with your life.
What we do
Our work and services include:
Members’ services -
- Access to reduced cost therapy with no waiting list
- Access to a national helpline staffed by volunteers with personal experience of anxiety
- Access to specialist helplines, including a psychiatric pharmacy helpline
- Access to a members-only section of the website with regular support surgeries facilitated by anxiety experts
- Receipt of Anxious Times – our quarterly members magazine
- Access to an online and postal pen-pal service, helping you to make contact with others
- The opportunity for volunteers to gain additional skills, confidence and experience in a supportive environment
And additional work -
- Training for organisations on all aspects of anxiety disorders
- Partnership work with leading academics in setting the research agenda for anxiety
- Regular work with external agencies and healthcare professionals to improve services for those living with anxiety
Anxiety UK supports individuals affected by anxiety disorders, their carers/family and friends through the provision of a wide range of services and information.
For details of Anxiety UK's services and/or information on the "Friends of Anxiety UK" scheme - please call 08444 775 774 or visit our website
Registered Charity No. 1113403 | Company Registration No. 5551121 Est. 1970