The Italian Cancer League (LILT - Lega Italiana per la Lotta contro i Tumori) is a nationwide charity with its headquarters in Rome, which operates under the patronage of the President of the Italian Republic and the supervision of the Ministry of Health.
It’s a member of the European Cancer Leagues (ECL)
The Italian Cancer League coordinates over 389 clinics spread throughout the country and 105 Provincial Local Offices.
Bologna local office (LILT Bologna) has been active since 1922.
We promote the culture of cancer prevention through early diagnosis, awareness campaigns (National Cancer Prevention Week, No Tobacco Day, Pink Ribbon Campaign), educational programs for schools, studies and research, social support and health care.
What does cancer prevention mean?
Primary prevention: Identify and avoid the causes responsible for cancer development and increasing risk.
- Nutrition education
- No tobacco campaigns and group to help people quit smoking
- Awarness campaigns
- Education programs in schools to promote healthy lifestyles
Diagnosing cancer in its early stages usually means that the necessary treatment is less aggressive and chances of recovery are higher if tumor is small.
- Early diagnosis programs for charity members
- Early diagnosis programs for employees in partnership with companies based in Bologna
- Special project: “Prevention Regardless of Ethnicity”- breast cancer early diagnosis. To download the multilingual brochure click here.
But we also
Take care of the patients and their families
- Counseling service for cancer patients and their families
- Psychological support to patients and family members
- Support in dealing with bureaucratic issues