MNINC Members and Coping with cancer information
We do hope that you find joining the My name is NOT cancer community a rewarding and supportive experience.
MNINC Members is for people diagnosed with cancer, undergoing treatment, in remission, recovered, or receiving palliative care, to have a dedicated area to declare: "My name is NOT cancer!" It is an area to remind yourself that you are still YOU - that cancer does NOT define your identity!
- Members only will be able to list their diagnosis & profile.
- When you publish your wall, other members will be able to view it.
- Please be aware that if you include any external links to social network sites or personal blogs through the links provided, other members will be able to view them.
- Please do not include sensitive personal information, web links or spam in your posts. Personal security is your responsibility and should always be a priority. The members area is unmoderated however any inappropriate content will be removed from the site (#see below)
- We will not accept posts relating to information about alternative therapies, wonder cures for cancer or any type of medical advice. Posts of this nature will not be published on the site for the safety of the rest of the Community. If you have a useful link that you would like to share, please Contact Us we will place it on the site if it is appropriate.
- Members is not a forum. If you wish to highlight/discuss a therapy or treatment that is in the news/subject of debate and we suggest you join our facebook page.
- Your My name is NOT cancer wall can be regularly updated or remain static and used as a personal reference point to gently remind yourself that you are more than your illness: YOU STAND OUT... your illness doesnt!
- We ask that you respect other members who are part of the My name is NOT cancer Community, even if their views are different to yours.
- Please Contact Us if you have any concerns about the Members Area
# Contributions to this website will be removed if MNINC perceives them to be:
- Objectionable or defamatory about anyone else.
- Using swear words of any kind
- Using racist, sexist, homophobic language, or are in any other way discriminatory or offensive.
- Containing commercial adverts of any kind.
- Written in a language other than English
- Containing any kind of contact information
- Destructive: being rude or unkind to another member of the community or any cancer organisation; impersonating another member of the community or cancer organisation; talking about things that are considerably off-topic.
The aim of our Community is to allow those affected by cancer to share their stories and experience as to how they have retained their identity whilst coping with all aspects of cancer, through the Coping with Cancer and Remarkable People areas of our website, and by doing so, help individuals gain positive support from reading the experiences of others. Please Contact Us if you wish to contribute to these areas
MNINC adhere to the guidelines outlined by the Information Commissioners Office regarding Data Protection. If you have any concerns about online personal safety, please follow our LINK and read their online leaflet: Protecting Your Personal Information Online.
We encourage everyone to maintain a helpful, supportive, safe and understanding environment for all of the My name is NOT cancer members. MNINC reserves the right to delete any contribution at any time and for any reason.