Advocado (or Pear?)
Here are just some of the reasons why MNINC like the humble alligator pear (advocado) ...
- High in protein, advocado's are great hunger busters!
- Easy to eat: Cut in half length-wise (around the seed) Holding each half, twist them in the opposite direction (separating each half from the seed) Scoop the flesh out of each half. Sprinkle the flesh with black pepper, a drizzle of olive oil (and perhaps some soy sauce and lemon juice)... yummy!
- Great for a happy heart, avocados contain folate which is excellent for the heart and is the natural occurring form of vitamin B9 found in dietary sources (Advocados also contain vitamin B6, glutathione, vitamin E, and monounsaturated fats, all essential nutrients for healthy heart function)
- Eye Eye... advocados are a great source of lutein which helps protect against macular degeneration and cataracts.
- If you're feeling the pressure, the high level of potassium in avocados help control blood pressure levels
- They contain beta-sitosterol which can help lower cholesterol
- AND (saving the best 'till last) there is mounting evidence that avocados are potent cancer fighters! They help the body against free radical damage, are high in oleic acid (which is a monounsaturated fatty acid found in many plant sources and animal products) is an omega-9 fatty acid and are considered one of the healthier sources of fat!