The MNINC Publication has been created to provide support for people touched by cancer. Whether you are a patient, family member, friend, carer or health professional, the MNINC Publication encourages you to retain your sense of self, despite cancer. It is applicable to all ages, genders, faiths, cultures, diagnoses and prognoses! This Publication will help you celebrate your identity and provide a gentle reminder that you can still be you!
The MNINC Publication:
# Encourages good communication between you, healthcare providers, family, friends, carers and support services
# Is suitable for anyone affected by cancer regardless of age, gender, faith, culture, diagnosis or prognosis
# Provides reassurance that cancer does not define identity: you can still be you!
# Empowers you to reclaim your self-belief
# Compliments other publications already in circulation and works in conjunction with the information you have already received
# Supports anyone affected by a cancer diagnosis and helps you find inner strength to face the challenges you may be facing
My Name Is NOT Cancer® is protected by Copyright, with all rights reserved. The reproduction, by photocopying or any other means, of the MNINC Publication is strictly not permitted. This will seriously result in loss of quality and will compromise the standards we believe you deserve!
The MNINC Publication has been produced on 170gsm silk paper, researched as the paper least likely to irritate should patients experience peripheral neuropathy, a side effect found to be particularly debilitating.
Using The MNINC Publication
The MNINC Publication, produced by My Name Is NOT Cancer, is essential within and relevant to five areas of cancer care. It helps individuals to retain a sense of self whilst promoting good communication with healthcare providers and support services.
The MNINC Publication can be used throughout cancer care:
1. On diagnosis: As the first information made available, this leaflet will support you at a time when you may be feeling shocked and overwhelmed by your cancer diagnosis. The information can help you to form the foundation on which you can build a relationship with your professional team. It will empower you to identify and express your thoughts and feelings to your medical team, promoting good communication and trust.
2. During/after treatment: As you are faced with the next steps of your cancer journey (treatment changes, altered outcomes, recovery and so on), the MNINC Publication gives you strength during difficult or awkward conversations, helping you and your family to access any support you may need to keep on keeping on!
3. Drug trials/transplants: Receiving or revisiting the MNINC Publication at this point offers reassurance, encourages you to acknowledge and appreciate your individuality and identity. Remember, you are not "just a number" and cancer doesn't define you!
4. Palliative Care: The MNINC Publication offers a reminder that you can retain your right to hopes, dreams and aspirations! It encourages and empowers you to do the things you want and can do within any physical limitations.
5. Family/Friends/Carers: The MNINC Publication provides a vital resource that encourages family, friends and carers to take care of their own needs! Your continued support is essential and the MNINC Publication helps you to throughout your own journey with cancer. It supports you to cope with the apprehension and fear you may have of appearance changes, coping with fatigue, navigating endless hospital appointments and so on. It offers a gentle reminder to spend time with others coping with cancer, such as siblings, partners, children and parents.
Healthcare Professionals and Support Services: Please contact us to discover how you can get the most out of the MNINC Publication with your patient group.
A Valuable Resource
We believe the MNINC Publication is an incredibly valuable resource. Our aim is to see the MNINC Publication included in every Patient Care Pack throughout the UK. Please read these testimonials from patients and health professionals who have benefitted from receiving the MNINC Publication.
“I have just received the MNINC Publication. It is simply inspirational and so effective!” - D Beck Patient
“I work on a haematology oncology unit in Birmingham. I believe both the MNINC Publication and www.mynameisnotcancer.com are very useful resources for patients.”- L Baker, healthcare professional
“I love the MNINC Publication! Although we experience similar things, the word cancer doesn’t label us!” - D Hill Patient
“Whenever I read the MNINC Publication, I agree: we should not be judged by cancer!” - H Jones Patient
“I ordered 500 copies and circulated them to Macmillan Centres across the country. I hope this will reach a broad cross spectrum of individuals and help everyone to benefit from the MNINC Publication.” - L Cooper, Macmillan Cancer Support
“I work with 16-24 year olds and the MNINC Publication is highly appropriate for their needs.”- M Rees, Clic Sargent
“A fabulous resource! We put one in every new patient pack!” - L Case, Teenage Cancer Trust
“I run a Hospice in Scunthorpe and I'm very impressed with the publication” - A Tindall
The MNINC Publication can be used outside medical care to help support people coping with cancer in the community.
Make the MNINC Publication available to any employee or personnel facing diagnosis or coping with the challenges involved with having cancer. The MNINC Publication helps employers to support employees to maintain their identity and sense of self, whilst encouraging normality within the work environment, which is recognised as beneficial to all those affected.
The MNINC Publication is not all about cancer and is suitable for schools and colleges! It can be integrated within the National Curriculum as a useful learning tool, outlining how to maintain positivity and focus, giving students the necessary tools to find a resilience and sense of self when facing any adversity.
Order Your Copy
If you would like a copy of the MNINC Publication, please request a copy from your health professional in the first instance. If it is not yet available from your team, please contact us directly and we will send copies for you, a family member or a friend.
To order multiple copies for your patient group, please email us the details of your organisation and quantity required. We will contact you to arrange the distribution as soon as possible.
Tel: 07808 832 192